Signed in as:
Did you know that building healthy soils on a global scale is one of the best ways to draw down enough carbon to prevent a catastrophic climate crisis?
And carbon storage isn’t soil’s only superpower; the ways that soil stands to positively impact the lives of billions worldwide are tangible and immediate: replenished water cycles, restored fertility, and regenerated ecosystems.
How to show the soil some love:
1. Support your local farmers market! Ask your farmer to tell you about how they care for the soil and ask them about touring their farm. This is also a great activity for kiddos!
2. Grow a plant! Start with one, then usually it will become two or three and soon you’ll be a gardener! 3. Grow your own food! Click here to learn how to create your own Regenerative Garden in your backyard. "Hear and your forget. See and you remember. Do and you understand" Confucius.
4. Compost at home! Because food waste is food for the soil that grows your food! Learn more about how cool composting is via The Compost Story.
5. Watch the Soil Story. Learn & spread the word about soil’s potential to sequester carbon by watching and sharing Kiss the Ground’s The Soil Story.
6. Host a dinner. Grab Kiss the Ground’s Free Purchasing Guide and some friends and make a meal from local farms building healthy soil. Take it one step further and read “Kiss the Ground Book” to deep dive into how the food you eat can help heal the planet!
7. Wear clothes grown by farmers sequestering carbon and caring for their soils.
8. Advocate for eco-literacy. Download Kiss the Ground’s Free Soil Story Middle School Curriculum and share with the children, teachers, parents, and administrators in your community!
9. Become a Soil Advocate! Learn how to powerfully present the topics of soil health and regenerative agriculture as solutions to climate change, water scarcity, and feeding the world. —We also invite you to download the Soil Health Communications Tool Kit, from the Sustainable Food Lab that connects the importance of soil health to business, identifies best practices and showcases private sector actions. 10. Become a Kiss the Ground Member! As a Kiss the Ground Member, your monthly donations ensure that participation in the movement towards global regeneration is accessible to EVERYONE.
Learn More This content is from the NFP NGO "Kiss the Ground" website. You can watch the movie on Netflix, and watch the trailer here Find out more about "Kiss the
Plant cover - by Dr Christine Jones
A healthy agricultural system is one that supports all forms of life. All too often, many of the life
forms in soil have been considered dispensable. Or more correctly, have not been considered at all.
In parallel with research into the human gut microbiome, understanding and supporting the
functioning of the soil microbiome is being increasingly recognised as the future for agriculture.
Copyright © 2023 NutriBalance Systems - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy